These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Awesome Roasted Juliet Tomatoes
From Conway, AR
<p>These are a favorite in our family. This is the recipe used to make those tomatoes many of you sampled at the market yesterday, 7/15/16.</p>Source: Crimmins Family Farm (Entered by Chuck Crimmins)
Serves: 4-6 servings
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 450F or preheat your grill to a medium to high temperature.
- 1. Slice your tomatoes and place them in a mixing bowl. I generally slice these in half, but they can be quartered as well
- 2. In a food processor or mini food chopper, pulse your garlic, basil leaves, salt and lemon pepper until chopped. Then with processor running add your vinegar and oil. Blend until well mixed (emulsified).
- 3. Toss this mixture with the tomatoes and place the tomatoes on a lightly oiled cookie sheet for the oven. If you are using your grill place the tomatoes in a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or grill pan of your choice.
- 4. Cook until the tomatoes are caramelized, turning them at least once.
- These can be served as a side dish or tossed with pasta and other veggies. They can be served hot or cold.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings