These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>A traditional Easter favorite that’s made all the better by using fresh & local ingredients! You can use any toppings for the eggs that you like, these are just a few suggestions. Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: www.foodnetwork.com & gimmesomeoven.com (modified slightly) (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the eggs in a single layer in a saucepan. Cover with water until there's 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Boil at high heat, then cover and set heat to low and let cook. 1 minute. Remove the pan from heat and let sit for 14 minutes. Rinse the eggs under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
- Crack the egg shells and carefully peel them off under cold running water, then gently dry the eggs.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, then carefully remove the yolks and place them in a separate bowl. Place the whites on a platter.
- Mash the yolks into a crumble with a fork, add the mayonnaise or yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute the yolk mixture amongst the egg whites in heaping spoonfuls. Adding toppings as desired.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings