These recipes were entered by customers, growers, and market managers at the many locallygrown.net markets. Account-holders at those markets can see what recipes are in season, buy ingredients from their local growers while looking at the recipe itself, add comments and photographs, mark favorites, and more. Buying and cooking with locally grown food has never been easier!
Beef Stroganoff Soup
From Statesboro Market2Go
<p>Rich & meaty with fresh mushrooms, garlic, and parsley! Please consider leaving a picture or comment if you decide to try this recipe!</p>Source: thecookierookie.com (Entered by Ariana Giddens)
Step by Step Instructions
- Melt the butter and 2 tablespoons of oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the stew beef and season it with salt & pepper. Sear for 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked, put the meat into a bowl and set it aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pot, then saute the onion for 4 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms & garlic and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste & Worcestershire sauce, then deglaze the pan with the wine. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the stew beef to the pot and add the beef stock. Bring to a boil, then cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and let simmer for 35 to 40 minutes. Add the egg noodles, cover again, and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- While the noodles are cooking, mix the sour cream & flour together in a bowl. Add 2 cups of soup to the flour mixture and whisk until well combined, then stir this mixture into the soup. Let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add more stock if the soup seems too thick.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Back to Recipe Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings